Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Random Redpoints

Yesterday, Craig Kenyon, Kelsey Duncan and I headed out to lolo for an evening seshuan! Kelsey and I had put in a couple of bolts and an anchor on a cool little Dike climb down on the Creek by Tor Rock. We hiked down, removed some dead fallen trees and I put in the last bolt and did some remaining cleaning and handed over the sharp end to the Crag Master. CM sent and Kelsey and I followed up and created KDP 5.8 sport 3 bolts. A great setting and a great addition to the area. This is now the easiest climb at Tor and a great warm-up/mod.
After a break  we headed up to the Random events wall to climb a variation on the Lorax I bolted a couple weeks back. I cleaned, sussed out the moves and bolted the thing mid July but just now got back too it. The light was fading fast and I opted for the no-chalk- memory beta ascent. The first part of te Lorax went smooth and I could tell 10 sleep paid off and I cruised into the rest before it gets hard. You have to step out of this alcove after the 2nd bolt on the Lorax and trend right to clip the 1st bolt of the variation and the bust up some tricky, delicate, pocket (several monos) moves past two more bolts to a definite thin redpoint crux to a nice jug/tufa/dike hold. Then it is run-n-fun to the top. Shares anchors with The lorax. The Once-ler 12b/c??. Thanks to Cragmaster and K-dunc for the support. I wrapped up the evening with a dusk lap on the Cowboy and we retired next to the fire and  n made our way back to the saddle. Catch ya again partners.

Also- Replaced the Sleeping Beauty anchors in Kootenai today!!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean here!